Friday, February 22, 2019

Practicum Narrative Report

-A ONE-STEP HIGHER AT MAXS RESTAURANT, QUEZON AVE. ,QUEZON CITY- I am very happy that I had my practicum at Maxs Restaurant, Quezon Avenue. Being depart of the loveable people of Maxs is rattling great and it was very memorable for me. I apply at Maxs through online so I was surprised that it only took me unmatchable day waiting for their confirmation if Im hired or not solely thanks graven image- its positive. Specifically, I applied for CSA (Customer Sevice Attendant) for I know that it could rightfully emend me as a person and of course, to improve my skill and knowledge as an HRM student.On the set-back day, Mam Rizza who is our good and patient trainer taught a small priming coat/ history of Maxs Restaurant. We learned that it started since 1945when Maximo Gimenez Gimenez decided to open a cafe which served chicken, steak, and drinks. He was joined by his wife Mercedes, sister-in-law Felipa Serrano Sanvictores, his niece scarlet who managed the kitchen, and her husba nd Claro. subsequently that, they were promote to expand the menu and serve more Filipino provender. Maxs Restaurant bills itself as The house that fried chicken built.Maxs Restaurant currently has all over 127 branches in the Philippines and has opened branches internationnally. afterwards the depression orientation, were on the second part which is the Menu Familiarization which is quite difficult for those who argon not good in memorization. Honestly, at prototypical, I got confused with the product codes and descriptions of every nourishment feature but thanks to Mam Rizza for being knowledgeable and proactive teacher to us. After this, she also taught the different wares used for soups/ salads, main course, side dishes, desserts and beverage glasses.After discussion, Mam Rizza gave us many activities (by group) to promote friendship and camaraderie among us. So, its so really benignant because all of us feel that we are one big family. After this, Mam Rizza gave us our long quiz for the preparation on the actual examination. Finally, I passed the examination. The third part of the orientation is all about the Dining grooming Program which is also the last part of our orientation program. This program self-possessed of 2 parts. First part was all about the expediency quality, customer needs, etiquettes, dos donts and rewards of excellent service.To summarize, this is more on the service quality and the etiquettes of a service personnel. We have learned the different principles and rules followed at Maxs. Mam Rizza discussed to us the customers need for us to understand who are the guests? and what are their needs as a guest? Next is the 7 deadly sins that pertains to things or actions to avoid while on province and last is the rewards of excellent service. Overall, Mam Rizza gave us the motivation for us to be a lovable people of Maxs by giving our excellent and TODO BIGAY service of process to all the guests.Additionally, Mam Rizza alway s re judgings us that GOOD ATTITUDE AND CHARACTER IS A MUST Second part was all about the Sectionalization which implies the knowledgeable and understanding the responsibilities of each service personnel (greeter, seater/rover, order retainr, waiter and servers). We learned the first base rule No guest is left unattended and all place are manned at all eons. The dining sequence unruffled of 7 parts. Starting from the greeting the guests, leading them to their tables, presenting menu and removing extra settings.These first 4 actions should be done with a big smile and manage making the guests feel that they are welcome and at home. Next go out be the order taking, suggestive selling, repeating orders and punching orders. On this stage, presence of mind is really needed because you have to go intain all the questions of the guests and you have to attain the orders of the guests correctly thats why repeating orders is very important. Same on the first stage, a big smile and c are for every guest. Ooopsss Dont forget to take the name of the guest and introduce yourself to them.The third stage includes the serving of food and drinks. The fourth step includes the first check back, (done to check the satisfaction of guests by asking how is the food? ), suggestive selling for desserts or coffee and partial(p) bussing. Fifth step includes the presenting the bill if it is asked by the guest. This should be done politely with a smile. After receiving payment, sixth step include the presenting of change and give tongue to Thank you for dining Sir/ Mam. The last step (7th) includes thanking the guests and inviting them again to come again. protrude of the 7 sequence is the time standards.These time standards are the preparation time for each food item. Its very important to know this to inform the guests if how long-lived they bequeath wait for their food. For salads/ soups and side orders (5 mins. ) rubys favorites (15 mins. ) fried chicken (20 mins. ) rice / drinks but fruit shakes (3 mins), combo meals (10 mins. ) and desserts (5-10 mins. ). Lastly, we discussed the suggested script for the guests while communicating with but the more or less important is the four magic words Excuse me, Thank you, My pastime and Certainly Mam/ Sir. After the discussion, we had our last examination.And again, I passed it. thank be to Mam Rizza, to my classmates and to God who helped all of us to fulfill and finish this orientation. November 26, 2012- first day of my duty at Maxs Restaurant, Quezon Avenue. My supervisors (Sir Jon and Sir Tom) gave me a short review about the table set- up and seat numbering (1 oclock position). They also taught me the three function rooms they have- Claro, Ruby and Maximo Hall. But before that, I met my co- CSAs who I considered as my Kuya and consume. On my first week, I am the greeter. As a greeter, I have to be a person who always smiles, having a welcoming spirit.At first, it seems that its the easiest respons ibility of a CSA. Yeah, it is true but sometimes crucial when there are no CSA at the localises who forget assist the guests. If that so, I have to apace assist them to their preferred tables and go back again to the doors as closely as I can to accommodate the next guests who will enter at the door. As time goes by, it became my lifestyle whenever I saw people, I learned to smile and greet them politely. I also learned how to socialize with different types of persons. On my second week, I was assigned at station 3 (tables 21-24).At first, I am excited but the tension was really there. I did some mistakes such as not repeating orders all the way to the guests, wrong orders, forgot to suggest soups/ salads and carelessness the way I serve food/ drinks. These are my common mistakes during my first days. But of course, on the next twain weeks, I saw myself improving even though sometimes, there are little mistakes, I developed my problem-solving skills and the presence of mind wa s really there. Thanks God for guiding me and of course to my supervisors who always corrects me if there is something wrong.As time goes on, I really learned to socialize with my co-CSAs (Ate Rox, Ate Rose, Ate Berna, Ate Tessa (BSA), Ate Aeinah (BSA), Ate Ching, Ate Marga, Ate Sherly, Ate Shelou and Ate Bridgette). I will never forget them because they are the one who helped me and encouraged me to finish my training. nonpareil thing Ive learned is to mingle with them even though they had different attitudes and personalities. The roughly memorable moment during my training period is the personal conferation of my high-priced instructors (Mam She and Sir Chris). I was greatly impressed with them as my coordinators because they have the time to visit us.My instructors surprised with my physical appearance (wearing my black dress uniform at Maxs) and they said to me Babae ka na pala The OJT program I had at Maxs Restaurant is really good and memorable to me. I learned many th ings form my hold up and co-staffs. One thing to improve their OJT program is to let the students experience the both main segments Dining and Kitchen, because they only allow only one department for OJTs. For those students who will be having their OJT, they have to prepare all the possible requirements as soon as possible.And, as much as possible, they need the cooperation of the coordinators. Be a good trainee when having OJT especially with the duties and responsibilities. Be cooperative and avoid absenteeism because it will be bad record for the company. If the company requires only one department, be sure that you will choose the best department where you can donation your skills and interest. Lastly, give your best shot Assessment of the OJT Program SUBMITTED BY Jeunesse Micah L. Eugenio BSHRM-4A SUBMITTED TO Ms. Shirley C. Espina HRM teacher/ OJT Coordinator

No comments:

Post a Comment